Earlier today Naffa Arraf from Cigar Hut announced that he will be selling Drew Estate’s new releases from IPCPR. Cigar Hut is the only distributor of Drew Estate’s range of cigars in Australia and this marks one of the largest influxes of new cigar product from IPCPR to come to Australia. They will be carrying the Undercrown and Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pigs, the three new Kentucky Fire Cured sizes, the new MUWAT Nightcrawler and Willy Herrera’s follow up to the Herrera Esteli; the Norteno. This also marks some of the first releases Drew Estate has made with Willy Herrera as their master blender. It will be interesting to see if Herrera has put his stamp on these blends. At the time of this post, there is no date specified for their arrival and it is unclear how many sizes of the Norteno will be available.
Undercrown and Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pigs:
- These will come in boxes of 12
- Vitola size will be 4 1/8 x 60
New Kentucky Fire Cured Sizes:
- All three sizes are still comprised of the Kentucky Fire Cured original blend
- Delfinas: 6 x 60
- Kyotos: 5 1/2 x 34
- 3 3/4 x 56
- This is based on the Bait Fish blend.
- It will come in a “short robusto” size – 4 1/2 x 50
Herrera Esteli Norteno:
- This is the highly anticipated follow up from Willy Herrera. This cigar came out of the success of the original Herrera Esteli.
- Filler: Aged Nicaraguan tobacco from both Esteli and Jalapa
- Binder: Honduran tobacco
- Wrapper: A Mexican San Andres Maduro
- It is box pressed and will come in six sizes: Coronita (4 x 46), Corona Extra (4 3/4 x 48), Belicoso Fino (5 x 50), Robusto Grande (5 1/2 x 54), Toro (6 x 50) and the Lonsdal Deluxe (6 1/2 x 44).